Learn Blender basics, 3D rigging and exporting to game engines such as Unity.
What you’ll learn
- Correctly simple rig a model using a bone-based armature.
- Create a simple and fun character model.
- Bring your models to life by animating them.
- Export your work into Unity and Unreal game engines.
- Create your own character specification
- Understand key animation principles
- Practice giving a object character
- Learn how to make low poly characters
- Work to a specification to create styled characters
- You should be able to use a PC at a beginner level.
- A 3-button mouse with scroll wheel recommended.
This course is continually updated in response to student suggestions and feedback.
Blender is a fantastic platform which enables you to make AAA-quality characters. These can be exported to any game engine, or other software. Here are some reasons why you want to learn Blender character creation with this online tutorial…
- Create assets for video games.
- Make unique animated characters.
- Become an experience Rigger and animator.
- Express yourself through 3D artwork.
Blender is free to use and you will learn how to model, rig and animated 3D Models in Blender and for game engines like Unity and Unreal. We start super simple, so no previous experience with 3D modelling is required. With our online tutorials, you’ll be amazed what you can achieve.
Ben Tristem is one of Udemy’s top instructors, and Michael Bridges is an experienced 3D artist. Together Ben and Michael will provide world-class support, encouragement and plenty of challenges.
The entire course is project-based, so you will apply your new skills immediately to real 3D models. All the project files will be included, as well as additional references and resources – you’ll never get stuck. There are talking-head videos, powerful diagrams, quality screencasts and more.
For each model you build you will follow this process…
- Be challenged to build the entire model yourself.
- Be shown step-by step how to build it.
- Apply your knowledge regularly.
- Encouraged and Supported throughout your journey
You will get full lifetime access for a single one-off fee. The creators are qualified and experienced with modelling and coding, so are able to explain complex concepts clearly, as well as entertain along the way. By the end of the course you’ll be very confident in the basics of Blender. You’ll be able to model basic characters, rig and animate simple characters that work in game engines as well as in Blender.
If you’re a complete beginner, we’ll teach you all the modelling fundamentals you’ll need. If you’re an artist, we’ll teach you to truly bring your assets to life. If you’re a coder, we’ll teach you modelling and design principles.
Note: access to this course comes with an optional, free community site where you can share games and 3D models, as well as connect with thousands other students.
Dive in now, you won’t be disappointed!
Who this course is for:
- You should want to learn Blender – specifically for character creation.
- You may want to learn to rig and animate a character you’ve already created.
- You have a character that you want to transfer into a game engine.
Created by Michael Bridges, GameDev.tv by Ben Tristem
Last updated 11/2018
26.5 hours on-demand video