Learn how to speak with developers. Designed for entrepreneurs, businesses, and junior developers.
What you'll learn
- Understand the Web Development Process
- Make better hiring and product decisions: UX, Information Architecture, Design, Development
- Explain concepts like APIs, CMSs, and iPhone Development in plain English
- Understand which programming language to choose for your project
- Develop a basic HTML/CSS/JS template
- Understand how to better communicate your startup idea to developers
Are you a creative or entrepreneur that wishes you could speak tech with your web development team? Maybe you wish you could code a bit yourself?
Programming for Non-Programmers is online course designed to help non-programmers communicate more efficiently with developers.
Because leading a development team (without being a developer yourself) can sometimes feels like “talking about dancing”, I've created an interactive and easy to follow environment in which to learn the basics.
And for developers just getting started, think of this as the primer to help kickstart your career.
If you're running a tech start-up, it's essential that you familiarize yourself with the fundamentals of web development. Ultimately knowing how to "talk to the talk" will help you communicate better with developers, and overall just look really cool.
What You'll Learn
- What coding languages should I use for my next project?
- Which CMS is right for the job?
- What are the stages of web development?
- What deliverables do I need to provide my developer? (FYI - This is important and often neglected or done poorly)
- Reading code & basic developing principles to get us started
- Key concepts of programming that are the found in every programming language
Do You Live in NYC?
If you live in New York City I'd love to have you in class! The full Programming For Non-Programmers series is offered once a month.
Email me chris[at]onemonth.com for details.
Live Support! (I'm Here To Answer Your Questions)
I'm available for questions to all students taking the class. By joining the class you gain access to message me through email. And if for any reason you are not satisfied with the material, I will gladly refund you myself. No questions asked.
Best of luck!
"I've traveled a steep learning curve thanks to Chris' friendly and lucid style of teaching." - Charles Best, CEO of DonorsChoose.org
"I wish I had taken this class 5 years ago!" - Michael Goodwin, UX Designer
"Informative, digestible, actionable" - Katherine, Entrepreneur
"An INCREDIBLE thank you! So far you're the only one who has been able to teach me how to code." - Darren Hakimi, Analyst
"You are Articulate and Engaging. Broad and Diverse Range of Topics. That s right bro!!!!! Not easy to address so much in limited time." - student feedback
Even for a non tech person like me (who yes, has 50,000 emails in her inbox and actually thinks thats totally normal), I was able to keep up. My intent was to get a good overview of what the heck programming actually is, and better understand the language/terms associated with it. I certainly got that. I also appreciated your passion for teaching. I will absolutely recommend the class to my friends. - Debra-Ellen Glickstein, Entrepreneur
Read more reviews here: SkillShare Reviews
Who this course is for:
- This is for the total beginner!
- You. Because you want to get the attention of Fred the IT guy that isn't giving you the time of day
- Anyone looking to learn the first 4 hour of Web Development and Programming Concepts